Episode 166 - Joe Cervantez and Raz Halili of Pier 6 Seafood & Oyster House
Today on the podcast Eric is joined by Linda Salinas to discuss the latest happenings in the Houston restaurant and bar scene including Governor Abbot letting bars open at 50 percent capacity, Treebeards opening up their Memorial location, and former Dynamo Star Brian Ching's latest bar concept. In the Restaurants of the Week section Ostia and Permission Whiskey are featured. In the Guest of the Week portion Eric is joined by Joe Cervantez and Raz Halili of Pier 6 Seafood & Oyster House. Joe and Raz speak with Eric about their vision for Pier 6, their desire to separate themselves from other restaurant offerings in the area, why Joe was the right fit for the project, why Raz wanted to branch out to a restaurant concept, how Covid has impacted their design/operations for Pier 6, Joe's time at Brennan's of Houston, what things from Raz's travels will be brought to the restaurant, when Pier 6 will open, how has the active hurricane season possibly affected oyster season, and much more!
- Texas Governor Says Bars Can Now Open at 50 Percent Capacity
- Downtown Creole Favorite Branches Out to Memorial with New Cocktails and Dinner Service
- Former Dynamo Star Brian Ching Unleashes Massive, Dog-Friendly Patio Bar in Houston's East End
- Houston Chefs Cook Up Major Support for Lake Charles Hurricane Delta Victims
- Magical New Harry Potter-Themed Bar Transports Houstonians to Diagon Alley