Have you ever, while banging out a document of any kind in Word or Pages or whatever, thought to yourself “Dang, this would be so much easier if ______.” Every writer has been there, but only a few rare souls actually go on to “I am going to make something that does that, darn it.”
Jacob Wright is that rare soul. Once upon a time, while drafting his own experiments in fiction, he pitched Scrivener on a mobile version, and when they declared themselves content with who and what they were, he set out to build it on his own—a simpler software specifically designed for story.
Y’all, Dabble is free for all of October and November to anyone who wants to hook it up to a NaNoWriMo account and use it to plot and then draft your November 2020 magnum opus. (And there’s always a free 14-day trial, year-round.)
And to help you get that plot right, we strongly suggest you check out the free writing challenge
at Author Accelerator. When you sign up for the challenge, you will receive seven assignments targeted at defining what your book is about. Throughout the week, you will...
- Define why you are writing this book
- Discover the point of your story
- Develop your book jacket copy
- Describe your book in one killer sentence
- Brainstorm and select your book’s working title
- Start writing your book with our Two-Tier Outline workbook (for fiction)
- Swear you’ll be way ahead in the NaNoWriMo game.