Series 3 of the One Zero One podcast is back with a bang and a new host has joined us for a deep dive into what tech leaders around the UK have been doing to manage and drive digital change and positive progress throughout a global pandemic. Sooraj Shah, a technology-focused journalist (the BBC, The Independent, The Guardian, Business Insider & more) speaks to Karl Hoods, Chief Digital & Information Officer at BEIS in this podcast to find out how it has been for Karl to steer digital change at a key government department during a global pandemic.
BEIS is a key ministerial department of the UK Government responsible for building a stronger, greener future by fighting coronavirus, tackling climate change, unleashing innovation, and making the UK a great place to work and do business.
- They are responsible for:
- industrial strategy
- science, research and innovation
- energy and clean growth
- climate change
From 2019 to 2020, the department’s priorities are to:
- deliver an ambitious Industrial Strategy
- maximise investment opportunities and bolster UK interests as they exit the EU
- promote competitive markets and responsible business practices
- ensure the UK has a reliable, low cost and clean energy system
- build a flexible, innovative, collaborative, and business-facing department