Recultured: Episode 3 — Adapt
As Japan's state of emergency comes to an end, NiziU's "Make You Happy" becomes the song of the summer.
Guests on this episode:
- Aya Nogami, international music consultant
- Chris Broad, YouTuber and podcaster, Abroad in Japan
- Hannah Lee, writer for Arama Japan
- James Hadfield, Japan Times culture writer
- Jay Kogami, writer for All Digital Music and Music Ally Japan
- Seimei Kawai, co-founder of Trekkie Trax
- Ronald Taylor, writer for Arama Japan and Japan Times contributor
- "Make You Happy" by NiziU — Japan's summer anthem
- "Racing into the Night" by Yoasobi — Japan's stay-at-home song
- "I'm Good" by Hilltop Hoods — Shaun's pick of the pandemic
- "Savage" by Megan Thee Stallion — Alyssa's pent-up energy release
Recultured is brought to you by Food-e, Tokyo's first gourmet restaurant delivery service. Food-e delivers from some of Tokyo's finest restaurants, such as Nobu Tokyo and The Oak Door Steakhouse, to homes, offices and parties. Premium dining — now at your fingertips and available exclusively at www.food-e.jp.
This episode was hosted by Shaun McKenna and Alyssa I. Smith. It was written by Patrick St. Michel and Oscar Boyd, with extra help from our intern Tadasu Takahashi. It was produced by Oscar Boyd. Our theme music was by LLLL, and this episode was recorded at the Temple University Japan Campus in Sangenjaya, Tokyo. Illustrations by Ming Ong.
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified every time a new episode comes out. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you've enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.