The Number One Rule Of Safety
On today's Warehouse Safety Tips Wednesday, we'll be covering "The Number One Rule Of Safety" - so stay tuned.
Welcome to Warehouse Safety Tips!
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to the information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we're on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com
If you're a seasoned Podcast Listener - this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It's based around exactly what the name implies - Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy - we know time is money, so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way - let's get to the Podcast!
Our message today covers the number one rule of safety.
Now you might be forming ideas in your mind about what that is.
Properly displayed and maintained Safety Floor Markings and Signs? Those are great - but no.
Safety Equipment such as Steel Toe Boots, glasses, harnesses, vests, ear protection, hardhats, and/or gloves. Once again, great - but no.
Well if it's not the first two items - it HAS to be the Safety Rules and Regulations set forth by your facility to follow. Right? NOPE!
All those things and many more we didn't mention are all great, but they all have one missing component that makes them that way.
You MUST implement those things.
And not just one or a couple of them at a time, every now and again - but ALL of them, ALL of the time.
It even goes one step further than that.
You really need to hold those around you to the same standards. Otherwise, what you're doing right will be diminished by what they're not doing. In other words, even though you're being safe - someone that isn't may cause you harm.
And although you might be thinking it's not your job and/or place to say something - you NEED to!
Think of it this way. What if you were pumping gas - and the person next to you lit up a cigarette? Hopefully, you would tell them to put the cigarette out and/or immediately alert someone to have them do it. Not doing so could spell disaster.
Keeping you, fellow staff, and your facility safe - is of the utmost importance.
Make sure it begins with you!
Before moving on - here's a word from one of our sponsors.
If you've ever been to or worked in a warehouse - you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It's almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
It's these items that show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you're looking for the best products to make this happen - look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line's peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation - and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily - and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line's Signs and Marking come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don't have what you're looking for in stock - their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you're looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least - Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We're proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
If you visit WarehouseSafetyTips.com
- you'll find the Show Notes for this episode.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips - and have a SAFE day!