Episode 179 - Chris Shepherd of Underbelly Hospitality
Today on the podcast Eric is joined by Linda Salinas to discuss some of the latest news from the Houston restaurant and bar scene including the Kirby Group's latest project, Kerry Pauly opening his first restaurant, and Dutch Bros. Coffee making it's way to Houston. In the Restaurants of the Week section The Nash and 93' Til are featured. In the Guest of the Week portion Eric is joined by Chris Shepherd of Underbelly Hospitality. It's been a little over 3 years since Chris was last on the podcast so Eric and Chris catch up as things have changed a lot for Chris since he was last on. Chris speaks with Eric about the biggest change for Southern Smoke since David Chang's big charity win, One Fifth's 4th anniversary, how things are going with Southern Comfort, plans for One Fifth Mediterranean, his new project Georgia James Tavern, why create a new concept instead of using an established brand, the progress on the Houston Farmer's Market redevelopment, social media influencers, and more!
- Spirited New Beer Garden, Cocktail Bar, and Bakery Heats Up Washington Avenue
- Houston Restaurant Veteran Serves Up Casual American Bistro to Memorial Area
- Massive Dallas-Based Arcade and Cider Paradise Powers Up Open Date in East End
- New Street-Style Taco Stand Unfolds First Location in The Heights
- Acclaimed Food Hall Steakhouse Exits Downtown to Serve Up 2 Hot New Locations
- Beloved Houston Chinese Restaurant Closes After Weekend Fire