#ColostrumIsGold - optimising colostrum management in cattle (beef & dairy), sheep and pigs
Receiving good quality colostrum, quickly enough and in the right quantity, could eliminate illnesses such as Watery Mouth in lambs, halve cases of pneumonia in calves, improve the survival rate in new-born pigs up to weaning age and beyond. It also supports the responsible use of antibiotics. But at busy times of year, we don’t always have time or resources to make sure every animal gets enough colostrum or gets it quickly enough.
- Colostrum Is Gold: feeding colostrum to calves, lambs and piglets | AHDB
- Calf management
- Colostrum management for suckler calves
- Colostrum management for lambs
- Colostrum management for pigs
- Challenge Sheep research project