Episode 195 - Donnette Hansen of Rainbow Lodge
Today on the podcast Eric is joined by a loopy Michael Fulmer to discuss some of the latest happenings in the Houston restaurant and bar scene including Chris Shepherd's new burger joint, a new upscale burger spot coming to Houston, and the return of Houston Restaurants Weeks. In the Restaurants of the Week portion Gatsby's Prime Steakhouse and Mastrantos are featured. In the Guest of the Week section Eric is joined by Donnette Hansen of Rainbow Lodge. Eric speaks with Donnette about how she knew from an earlier age that she wanted to be in the restaurant industry, coming in a time when there weren't many women chefs/owners, becoming the owner of Rainbow Lodge, how she flipped it to reflect more of her personality, when she shifted into more of a restauranteur role, how the food has changed over the years, what inspired her to move Rainbow Lodge to Ella, pivoting during the pandemic, getting back to normal, changes to the space over the years, goals for Rainbow Lodge, and more!
- Chris Shepherd Serves Up a New Burger Joint for Historic Farmers Market
- Upscale Dallas House of Burgers and Oysters Cozies Up to River Oaks
- Houston Restaurant Weeks Serves Up Highly Anticipated Dining Dates for 2021
- Historic Houston-Area Barbecue Joint Links Up with Fancy Food Retailer
- Downtown's New Charity Bar Takes Flight with Opening Date
- New Italian Restaurant from Owners of River Oaks Hot Spots Heads to Buzzy Montrose Development