Chaos at Japan's borders w/ Rochelle Kopp
Japan announced on Monday that it will ban all new foreign entries for at least one month in an effort to prevent the omicron variant from spreading domestically.
- Japan to bar all new foreign visitors as omicron fears grow (Ryusei Takahashi)
- Scores hoping to enter Japan in limbo — again — after latest entry ban (Jesse Johnson and Ryusei Takahashi)
- Omicron is the price we pay for vaccine inequality (Brad Glosserman)
- Japan confirms first case of omicron coronavirus variant (Ryusei Takahashi)
- Japan to ban all foreign travelers from 10 African countries amid omicron outbreak (Ryusei Takahashi)
- Japan tells airlines to halt inbound flight bookings over omicron fears (Ryusei Takahashi)
Rochelle Kopp: Website | Twitter
Oscar Boyd: Twitter | Articles | Instagram
Sign up to the Deep Dive mailing list and be notified when new episodes comes out. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support the show! Rate us, review us and share this episode with a friend if you've enjoyed it. Follow us on Twitter, and give us feedback.
This episode of Deep Dive may be supported by advertising based on your location. Advertising is sourced by Audioboom and is not affiliated with The Japan Times.