#313 Recap Extravaganza 2021
Dec 30, 2021, 08:00 AM
We recap the top pearls from 2021, including celiac disease, kidney stones, SGLT2 inhibitors for weight loss & HFpEF, smoking cessation, buprenorphine for acute pain, metabolic alkalosis, nephrotic syndrome, bronchiectasis, obesity hypoventilation syndrome, acute diarrhea, osteoporosis, and diabetes. Plus, Paul and Watto express their gratitude to The Curbsiders family and look forward to 2022. Finally, it’s our annual recap extravaganza 2021 with guest host Chris “the Chiu Man” Chiu (@cjchiu), providing a rapid review of previous Curbsiders episodes for your spaced learning.
Special thanks to the whole Curbsiders team and our listeners for an incredible six years of podcasting!
Note: There is no CME for this mini-episode, but visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org to claim credit for past episodes.
Episodes | Subscribe | Spotify | Swag! | Top Picks | Mailing List | firstname.lastname@example.org | Free CME!
- Written, Produced, and Hosted by: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP; Christopher Chiu MD, FACP FAAP
- Cover Art: Beth Garbitelli
- Executive Producer: Beth Garbitelli
- Showrunner: Matthew Watto MD, FACP
- Editor: Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org and search for this episode to claim credit.
- Garbs’ picks: Pelvic pain, smoking cessation
- Addiction medicine pearls: Nicotine use disorder; Acute pain in OUD
- Nephrology: Kidney stones, nephrotic syndrome, metabolic alkalosis
- Cardiology: Peripheral arterial disease (PAD), SGLT2 inhibitors for HFpEF
- Pulmonology: Bronchiectasis, OHS
- Gastroenterology: Celiac disease, Liver test abnormalities
- Bariatric Medicine: Semaglutide for weight loss; bariatric surgery
- Endocrinology: Osteoporosis; Diabetes FAQ