Episode #27 - Hurry Up and Wait
Apr 11, 2022, 07:20 PM
Welcome to Prophecy Radio, a Percy Jackson podcast dedicated to all of Rick Riordan’s past, present, and future projects! Co-hosts Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz discuss the latest news in the Percy Jackson/Rick Riordan Presents fandom, then discuss the events of Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi (with a designated spoiler section), as well as read Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse chapters 11 and 12. New episodes of Prophecy Radio air weekly, and all ages are welcome to tune in.
News and Updates (01:19:00)
- Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality by Roshani Chokshi is out in the world! Read our full review.
- Did you listen to our interview with Roshani Chokshi? Be sure to check out the accompanying article, too!
- Oh, and the Trials of Apollo series is in paperback now.
- And the Aru Shah and the End of Time graphic novel is out on April 19.
- Are you ready for #LightningThiefWeek?
- We’re putting together playlists for the podcast, so if you haven’t already, go listen to all of our Lightning Thief episodes.
- Don’t forget about Daniel José Older’s Ballad & Dagger tour! (Correction: The book comes out May 3!)
- Now it’s time to break down Rick’s latest blog post.
- Rick and Becky have been setting up their place in Vancouver, and we’re jealous.
- Karen and Kristen get nerdy about props and costume design.
- Did you ever think about how the orange Camp Half-Blood shirts would show up on screen?
- The higher-ups are still happy, which is great and all, but we really want to see those monster mock-ups.
- We’re all very excited about casting, and it’s coming!
- We need to be patient and make sure we’re not bugging Becky and Ashlee for information they can’t give us yet!
- We have plans to do fancasting for some of the other big characters (like we did with Poseidon), but we’re working against the clock!
- Oh, and here’s our confirmation that Percy Jackson and the Olympians season 1’s episode count is eight.
- Plus, we get a little update on the Daughter of the Deep film, as well as the Solangelo book.
Aru Shah and the End of Time (00:23:15)
- It’s time to get into the first book in the Pandava series (spoiler-free until the end).
- What’s it about, exactly? Kristen has a very accurate summary.
- This is the first time she’s read one of Roshani’s books, so…what did she think?
- Aru Shah is such a great character and has such an interesting relationship with the truth.
- And then there’s Mini, who Kristen definitely relates to.
- Yes, she was that girl.
- We love Boo, even though he’s a complex character.
- Karen is sure to avoid spoilers, but it’s tough!
- Boo is totally in a Mushu situation, and we can’t help but quote Mulan.
- Oh, and Boo has…taken pigeon form.
- Except we both picture him a little differently.
- The Sleeper is a pretty cool name for a villain.
- But he’s also downright terrifying.
- There are a ton of other interesting characters from Hindu mythology that show up, too.
- Glory to Hanuman!
- Who doesn’t love a good rhyming sage?
- Motion to make pre-winter a thing all around the world.
- Roshani’s chapter titles rival Rick’s for sure.
- A lot of stuff from End of Time comes full circle in Nectar of Immortality.
- Shout-out to both the weapons and the Night Bazaar.
- Our spoiler discussion starts at 1:02:57. If you want to avoid spoilers, jump to the timestamp for the Titan’s Curse chapter reviews.
- We discuss the Sleeper’s true identity.
- Did we guess who he was?
- Does the Sleeper have a point? Does he have a good argument?
- Karen asks what Kristen thought of the ending.
- Did we like the cliffhanger?
- We want to talk about Song of Death soon, but it’ll probably have to wait a couple of months.
- There are just so many things we want to talk about right now!
Chapter Reviews (01:10:53)
- It’s time for Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse chapter 11.
- It’s pretty neat that Zoë was there when Riptide was created.
- Prophecy Count: 15
- Apollo gave us our new tagline.
- Something is definitely up with Bianca and Nico, but we’re saving it for the next chapter.
- Why did Thalia make it sound like it was Percy’s fault Annabeth was thinking about joining the Hunters?
- Do we know WHY Annabeth might want to join the Hunters?
- Who could’ve been the person with Zoë in the dream??
- Apollo got super deep in this chapter, and Karen is into it.
- It’s time to go snowboarding with a pig in Titan’s Curse chapter 12.
- We get an explanation from Bianca about why she wanted to join the Hunters, but we don’t really like it.
- Who really deserves the blame here??
- What’s going on with Nico and Bianca? Do we know who’s responsible for all of this?
- Percy discovers Thalia’s secret, and she’s not too happy about it.
- There are cold areas in New Mexico. Who knew?
- We love that Grover’s search for Pan is still a part of the series.
- When was the last time Zoë felt Pan’s presence?
- Has Grover ever felt his presence as strong as this?
- We will single-handedly make sure Percy Jackson and the Olympians gets five seasons if we have to.
- Becky loved our interview with Roshani Chokshi.
- Daniel also thought of another role Logan Lerman could take on in the show!
- Be sure to leave your comments so we can read them on air!
Thanks for listening, and tune in next time for episode 28, where we’ll do a deep dive on Zeus (plus tell you our fancasts).
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.