Spill Safety And Procedures
On today's podcast - we're going to talk about Spill Safety and procedures.
So stay tuned.
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to the information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we're on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com
If you're a seasoned Podcast Listener - this podcast is going to be different from most you listen to. It's based around exactly what the name implies - Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy - we know time is money so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way - let's get to the Podcast!
Spill Safety And Procedures
If you work at a facility long enough - you're going to encounter one or several of the following situations.
- Leaks from ceilings
- Machinery creating condensation or leaking fluids.
- Cleaning that needs to be contained.
- Staff accidents - such as backing into and knocking over a barrel of oil.
And those are just a few of many scenarios you might experience.
What do they all have in common? They're all spill-related.
So how do you respond to situations like this?
First and foremost - make sure staff, maintenance, and management are all notified of the spill. If the elements related to the spill are hazardous or present any sort of danger - clear or evacuate the area.
Find where the spill is coming from and if possible, stop it and clean it up with the proper Spill Kit Products.
If it can't be stopped - control it with the proper Spill Kit Products.
Procedures may vary by location - but the above-mentioned steps will be a great start.
We look forward to seeing you next week for another Warehouse Safety Tips.
Until then, have a great week and STAY SAFE!
Before moving on - here's a word from one of our sponsors.
If you've ever been to or worked in a warehouse - you know just how important safety is to both management and staff. It's almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
These items show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you're looking for the best products to make this happen - look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products out there!
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line's peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation - and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily - and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line's Signs and Marking come in various shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don't have what you're looking for in stock - their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you're looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least - Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
We're proud to have Mighty Line as THE Official Floor Sign / Floor Marking Company for the Warehouse Safety Tips Podcast and Site.
If you visit WarehouseSafetyTips.com
- you'll find the Show Notes for this episode.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips - and have a SAFE day!