1994 - A Year in Movies and Television
Was 1994 one of the greatest years in movies?
On this special episode of The Hollywood Outsider podcast, we take a look back at the year 1994 in movies and TV. With special Breaking News segments, it’s a pretty crazy fun episode that looks at one of the greatest years in film history. Take a listen and let us know in the comments…is it THE greatest year?Was 1994 the greatest year in movies?
Almost three decades ago, an absolutely hella fly year in entertainment took hold in 1994. Classics like The Lion King, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Forrest Gump, Interview with the Vampire, True Lies, The Ref, Speed, and others hit theaters. Not to be outdone, Friends, Seinfeld, and ER took over our television sets. It was a prime time for entertainment.
Much has changed since then, but what is even more interesting is how much remains the same. For this special episode, we’re not only going to look back at the year in film and television – complete with Breaking News segments direct from the year itself – we are going to settle the longstanding debate on if 1994 truly IS the greatest year in movie history! With the magic of technology and time travel, we hope you enjoy yet another in our annual series of Hollywood Outsider Time Capsule podcasts.
Welcome back to 1994!Discussed on this episode
- (0:00 – 10:09) Opening | Discovery and HBO Max Update
- (10:10 – 1:23:45) 1994 - A Year in Movies and Television
- (1:23:46 – 1:28:05) Game: Nailed It! | Closing | Outtakes
- Listen to our previous Time Capsule episodes for 1987, 1988, 1997, and 1999.
- Please support The Hollywood Outsider and gain immediate access to bonus content, including Patreon exclusive podcast content like our Bad Movie Night by visiting Patreon.com/ TheHollywoodOutsider
- Be sure to join our Facebook Group