Warehouse Safety Tips | Episode 146 | Hazardous Energy Safety
In today's podcast, we'll talk about Hazardous Energy Safety.
So stay tuned.
You can find the show notes to each episode, links to the information mentioned on the podcast, the social media platforms we're on, and anything else related to the podcast at WarehouseSafetyTips.com.
If you're a seasoned Podcast Listener, this podcast will be different from most you listen to. It's based around exactly what the name implies - Warehouse Safety Tips. And since the people in that industry are busy - we know time is money so each episode will be as short and to the point as possible.
And now that all that is out of the way - let's get to the Podcast!
Hazardous Energy Safety
Hazardous Energy can release in several ways, including rotating parts, moving parts, pressure on equipment, and the action of electromagnetic fields.
It's essential to know how to protect yourself from these real dangers. The sudden release of stored energy in equipment and machinery can result in everything from injury to death.
Proper Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Procedures can prevent hazardous energy releases. Lockout/Tagout is a program that uses mechanical means to prevent unexpected startup of machinery or equipment. These procedures can help prevent hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries annually.
In addition to a Lockout/Tagout Program - take extra time to account for everyone in your area, look and listen for people within your work area, and never assume you're good to start a machine until you've double and triple-checked that it's safe to do so. You might think taking the extra time to do so isn't needed - but it's much better than shutting down entirely due to an injury or death.
Focus on the tasks that consistently improve productivity, production, and most importantly, safety - and you'll always be on the right track!
We look forward to seeing you next week for another Warehouse Safety Tips.
Until then, have a great week and STAY SAFE!
Before moving on - here's a word from one of our sponsors.
If you've ever been to or worked in a warehouse - you know just how important safety is to management and staff. It's almost impossible to go 10 steps without seeing Safety Tape, Angles, Signs, and/or products.
These items show us how to be safe and avoid danger in the workplace. And if you're looking for the best products to make this happen - look no further than Mighty Line!
Mighty Line Floor Signs / Floor Markings offer the best industrial products!
Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
What makes Mighty Line the superior choice in keeping your facility safe and productive?
- Mighty Line Tape is the strongest floor tape on the market and has a beveled edge that increases durability for industrial brush scrubbers, forklifts, and heavy industrial wheel traffic.
- Easy installation and removal thanks to Mighty Line's peel and stick backing. You can apply and reapply it during installation - and it leaves no sticky residue should you need to remove it. This allows the ability to change workflow areas quickly and easily - and not have the downtime associated with painting or using floor markings that leave behind a mess when you remove them.
- Mighty Line Tape is 7 times thicker than the average Safety Floor Tape.
- Mighty Line's Signs and Marking come in various shapes, colors, and sizes. And if they don't have what you're looking for in stock - their Customize It Program allows you to create exactly what you're looking for.
- Mighty Line offers a Limited 3-Year Warranty on their Floor Signs and Markings.
- And last but certainly not least - Mighty Line Products are Patented and PROUDLY Made in the USA!
Again - Go to MightyLineTape.com/SafetyTips to request a Sample Pack of their incredible Safety Signs and Floor Markings.
If you visit WarehouseSafetyTips.com - you'll find the Show Notes for this episode.
Thank you for listening to Warehouse Safety Tips - and have a SAFE day!