The Manmohan, the Myth, the Legend: Bluff Master and Coolie
- Our episodes on Amar Akbar Anthony and Mard
- Masala film
- Manmohan Desai
- The source that Erin looked at that had different information on Desai than what’s online is Tejaswini Ganti’s Bollywood: a guidebook to popular Hindi cinema 1st edition
- Bluff Master
- We are concerned about Pran’s drug problem
- Desai’s signature
- Songs: “Chali Chali Kaisi Hawa,” “Are Husn Chala,” “Govina Aala Re,” and “Jab Se Tujhe Jaan”
- Matt got his Dutch angles
- Listen to the very end to hear our thoughts on Allah Rakha
- The film that almost killed Amitabh Bachchan
- Songs: “Sari Duniya Ka Boj,” “Lambuji Lambuji Bolo Tinguji,” and “Accident Ho Gaya All Rakha,”
- 3-hour Bollywood movies versus 3-hour Hollywood movies
- Nation-building and labour rights
- Erin and Matt’s Letterboxd
Bollywood is For Lovers is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network
Check out Taproot Edmonton’s Bloom
Listen to Overdue Finds
Find us on Apple Podcasts! and Stitcher! and audioBoom! and iHeartRadio! and Spotify! and Google Podcasts!
Thank you to Becca Dalke for the artwork!
Follow us on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
#ManmohanDesai, #BluffMaster, #BluffMaster1963, #ShammiKapoor, #SairaBanu, #Pran, #LalitaPawar, #Coolie, #Coolie1983, #KaderKhan, #AmitabhBachchan, #RishiKapoor, #RatiAgnihotri, #ShomaAnand, #WaheedaRehman, #AmrishPuri, #AllahRakha