The 12 Medical Conditions of Concern…and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
Floss and Flip-Flops with the Sanders sisters features hosts dental hygienist and speaker Katrina M. Sanders, RDH, and podiatrist Dr Elizabeth Sanders, DPM. Together, the sisters discuss the oral-systemic link and its impact—from your teeth down to your toes. The podcast is produced monthly by Dental Products Report® and Modern Hygienist®, in partnership with The Sanders sisters.
For additional content for dental professionals visit DPR and MH at dentalproductsreport.com.
Katrina Sanders, RDH, can be reached at:
EPISODE 12 REFERENCES:
- Tattersall, M. C., et. al. (2015). Asthma Predicts Cardiovascular Disease Events: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 35(6), 1520-1525.
- Yeh, E. T. H., & Bickford, C. L. (2009). Cardiovascular Complications of Cancer Therapy: Incidence, Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management. J Am Coll Cardiol, 53(24), 2231-2247.
- Chaikriangkrai, K., et. a l. (2015). Additive prognostic value of coronary artery calcium score and renal function in patients with acute chest pain without known coronary artery disease: up to 5-year follow-up. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 31(8), 1619-1626.
- Liu, Y., et. al. (2014). Kidney Stones and Cardiovascular Risk: A Metaanalysis of Cohort Studies. Am J Kidney Dis, 64(3), 402-410.
- Uddin, S. M. I., et. al. (2018). Erectile Dysfunction as an Independent Predictor of Future Cardiovascular Events: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. Circulation. doi:10.1161/circulationaha.118.033990
- Clarson, L. E., et. al. (2015). Increased risk of vascular disease associated with gout: a retrospective, matched cohort study in the UK Clinical Practice Research Datalink. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 74(4), 642-647
- Beckman, J., Duncan, M., et al. HIV and PAD. March 12, 2018. Circulation; 10.1161.117.032647
- van Nimwegen, F. A., et. al. (2015). Cardiovascular disease after Hodgkin lymphoma treatment: 40-year disease risk. JAMA Intern Med. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2015.1180
- Rodondi, N., et al. (2010). Subclinical hypothyroidism and the risk of coronary heart disease and mortality. JAMA, 304(12), 1365-1374.
- Larsson Susanna, C., et. al. (2019) Thyroid Function and Dysfunction in Relation to 16 Cardiovascular Diseases: A Mendelian Randomization Study. Circulation: Genomic and Precision Medicine, 0(0). doi:10.1161/CIRCGEN.118.002468
- Adelborg, K., et. al. (2018). Migraine and risk of cardiovascular diseases: Danish population based matched cohort study. Bmj, 360. doi:10.1136/bmj.k 96
- Chapple ILC, Potential mechanisms underpinning the nutritional modulation of periodontal inflammation. J Am Dent Assoc. 2009; 140 (2): 178-184.
- Hujoel P. Dietary carbohydrates and dental-systemic diseases. J Dental Res. 2009; 88 (6): 490-502.
- Lee M, et al "Current Helicobacter pylori infection is significantly associated with subclinical coronary atherosclerosis in healthy subjects: A cross-sectional study" PloS One 2018; 13(3): e0193646.
- Shah NH, LePendu P., Bauer-Mehren A., et al. (June 10, 2015). Proton Pump Inhibitor Usage and the risk of MI in the general population. LLoS ONE 10(6).
- Mercado FB, Marshall RI, Bartold PM. Inter-relationships between rheumatoid arthritis and periodontal disease. A Review. J Clin Periodontol 2003; 30: 761-772.