Eric Bieniemy Comes To Washington
- The latest goings on with Daniel Snyder and the ownership situation
- Whether Snyder’s pettiness will cost the team
- What went wrong for Scott Turner in 2022
- Philosophy versus scheme
- Whether it matters if someone is a play-caller or gameplan builder
- Whether you’d rather have a high-end gameplan builder or a high-end play-caller
- How NFL staffs build out and execute a plan collaboratively
- Some of the key principles of the Chiefs offense with Bieniemy and Andy Reid — and what Bieniemy can transplant to Washington
- How to separate out the design of the offense from the game-breaking players — and what will be transferable and not with the current Washington roster
- Which iteration of the Chiefs’ offense under Bieniemy would be best suited for the Commanders roster
- How Sam Howell could feature in a Bieniemy offense
- What would be the ideal offense for Howell
- What cosmetic work the Commanders would have to do this offseason to build out the right roster to maximize Howell
- A whole bunch more!
The Read Optional is an NFL newsletter, podcast & community produced by Gridiron editor and scout Oliver Connolly. If you’re interested in all things football – the X’s & O’s, evaluating players, the salary cap implications of signings and trades, the relationship between the NFL and the college game, and everything in between – then The Read Optional is for you. You can subscribe now by visiting https://readoptional.substack.com to receive a weekly podcast and writing from Ollie and others contributors.