“What is My Responsibility in My Child’s Salvation?” :: Vela Tomba [Ep 431]
It’s easy to hope in a formulaic approach for our kids’ salvation - to think if we just pray and have the family bible studies we’re guaranteed our kids will make an early decision to follow Jesus. But what about when they don’t? How do we stay “ok” when our kids are choosing the things we wouldn’t choose for them? How do we trust in God’s relentless but gentle pursuit of our kids when we don’t see any evidence of it?
My guest this week, Vela Tomba, says we stay in our own hula-hoop. We let go of the things we cannot control. We allow ourselves grief but we also allow ourselves hope and trust in the way God is writing the story. She draws from her own experience as a mom and from helping other moms struggling with their kids’ choices.
Connect with Vela Tomba:
- Website: https://www.velatomba.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vela.tomba/
- Instagram: @velatomba
- Cru Campus Ministries
- Paige Brown Bible Study on Jonah (new videos each Wed with discussion questions…only up for a week)
- The Bible Recap with Tara Leigh Cobble
- Strong’s Concordance App
- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring For Yourself by Melody Beattie
- Hula Hoop-o-logy :: Vela Tomba [GCM Ep 28]
- Self-Differentiation and Why It Matters :: Nancy Houston [Ep 335]
- Summer of Mentorship 2019 Week One :: Nancy Williams
- Building Lasting Faith in Your Kids :: Dr. Kara Powell [Ep 290]
- Doubt, Questions and Your Teen’s Growing Faith :: Mary Jo Sharp [Ep 375]
- Find links to this week’s sponsors and unique promo codes at dontmomalone.com/sponsors.