Episode #109 – Long Distance Hippocampi
News and Updates (00:06:20)
- We spend a good amount of time talking about…volcanoes.
- Be sure to check out PJO Pod’s interviews from NYCC!
- We also discuss the photos that came out with the Lightning Thief tie-in edition.
- We all want a Yancy Academy sweatshirt.
- Is that second picture outside of Yancy Academy?
- How does everyone feel about Luke’s scar?
- Have we seen a bigger photo of Percy and Annabeth in the bathroom?
- We can’t wait to see Percy trying out all the different activities to see what he’s good at.
- Will we see anyone who could be Beckendorf?
- Dior Goodjohn is really convincing Kristen that she’s gonna be an amazing Clarisse.
- Look at Grover’s little horns!!
- That box has got to be the shoes…right??
- We’re obsessed with Medusa’s whole look.
- This week, we’re starting off with Chalice of the Gods chapter 15.
- Reader, she flushed Percy Jackson all the way out to Yonkers.
- Applying to college is SO confusing.
- Ellison sounds grumpy and Eudora does NOT want to make him any angrier.
- Luckily, she finds a way to send him where he needs to go.
- Maybe we figured out how kids get all their gold drachmas?
- Did you know they paved over a lot of streams in New York City?
- The river is really, REALLY dirty downstream.
- Percy has to come back later with the staff and some backup.
- In Chalice of the Gods chapter 16, Grover busts out some snake songs—though, unfortunately, none of them are from Taylor Swift.
- Kristen is SO Annabeth and Karen is SO Grover.
- The bioluminescent moss scene was soooo cute.
- We loved every second Grover decided to take the lead and how far he’s come.
- Shockingly, Annabeth brings up both Luke Castellan and his flying shoes.
- They’ve got a pretty solid plan until they hear the panpipes, then Annabeth shoves Percy off the cliff!
- In Chalice of the Gods chapter 17, they meet the Man Bun of Doom.
- Somehow Percy loves the fact that Annabeth shoved him off a cliff.
- Did you see the Read Riordan article about the River Elisson?
- We’re kind of obsessed with how sarcastic Elisson is.
- No demigods, no shoes, and absolutely NO using his headwaters!!
- Who hurt Elisson? We really need to know.
- He clearly has an inferiority complex, and Percy hits a nerve.
- How long DOES it take for a child of Poseidon to drown?
- Can your dreams determine who your godly parent is!?
- Shannon wrote in about Sally Jackson’s age and some great moments in this week’s chapters.
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.