Let's Talk Shakespeare: How Did Actors Learn Their Lines?
For the fourth episode of Let’s Talk Shakespeare, I asked “How did actors learn their lines?”. If you were an actor in the Kings Men, your rehearsal process would have been very different from todays! In this episode I talk to my guests about cure scripts, rehearsal time, where acting companies got their costumes and sets, and who exactly would have done to the theatre.
This weeks guests include:
- Professor Stanley Wells, Honorary President of the SBT
- Professor Michael Dobson, Director of the Shakespeare Institute
- Dr Elizabeth Dollimore, Outreach and Primary Learning Manager a the SBT
- Dr Anjna Chouhan, Lecturer in Shakespeare Studies at the SBT
- Ben Crystal, Actor Director and producer
You can find show notes for today's episode over on our blog: https://www.shakespeare.org.uk/explore-shakespeare/podcast/how-did-actors-learn-their-lines/