Let's Talk Shakespeare: Where did Shakespeare Live?
For the fifth episode of Let’s Talk Shakespeare, I asked “Where did Shakespeare Live?”. To answer this question we must look at three differnt periods in his life: his youth, his life in London and his married and family life. In this episode I talk to our guests about the different properties we know Shakespeare lived in, which ones he owned and when he bought them, and we also look at what life would have been like living in these very different properties, both for Shakespeare and his housemates.
This weeks guests are:
- Professor Stanley Wells, Honorary President of the SBT
- Professor Michael Dobson, Director of the Shakespeare Institute
- Ben Crystal, Actor and Producer
- Dr Tara Hamling, Senior Lecturer in Early Modern history at Birmingham University
- Dr Paul Edmonson, Head of Research and Knowledge at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
You can find the accompanying show notes for this podcast over on our blog: https://www.shakespeare.org.uk/explore-shakespeare/podcast/where-did-shakespeare-live/