Populations, politics and popularity stakes
- Which events are more appealing to host cities and why – sports, business or entertainment events? Mega, major or small?
- How are geopolitical trends and concerns over event governance impacting the distribution of future major events? Where in the world will future investment be strongest? What impact might Brexit have?
- Why are some populations cynical while others are supportive of major events, and what does this mean for hosts and event owners?
- How can the aims of global events and local development be better aligned?
- How to provide best conditions for host cities to succeed
- Robbie Clyde, Head of EventScotland
- Niels Nygaard, President, National Olympic Committee and Sports Confederation of Denmark and Vice President, European Olympic Committees
- Stuart Turner, Head of Major Events, Auckland Tourism, Events & Economic Development
- Guillaume Poisson, Head of EURO 2020 Host Country Projects, UEFA
- Debra Mountford, Project Manager, OECD
- Moderator: Mark Cooper, Senior Consultant, JTA