The Ultimate Car Checklist Before a Road Trip
In this episode we will talk about how we spend countless hours planning a road trip; we seldom spend time in prepping the vehicle to perform to it’s fullest on the highway. To make this simpler, we’ve put together a list of 20 must do items for a complete car checklist before a road trip. There even a bonus point which we would advise you to take with a pinch of salt!
- Get the right oil for the trip
- Check your battery date
- Top up fluids
- Change your air filters
- Cabin Air Filters
- Check your tires
- Put together an emergency kit.
- Consider Road Side Assistance
- Clean your car
- Keep Paper maps
- Fill the tank!
- Get it serviced professionally
- Check the spare tyre / stepney
- Vehicle Documents
- Review the route
- Do a quick tyre test
- Component Check 101
- Change or top up the Oil
- Radiator coolant
Bonus check – or NOT
Important links for further reading:
- The original blog: Ultimate Car Checklist Before a Road Trip
- The cheat sheet for using the award winning road trip planner by ScoutMyTrip. While this is an older post - please check the latest and up to date video tutorials for the road trip planner.
About how travel experts can help you on a better road trip
Did you Indians spent over 900 million hours last year planning road trips? And even after spending so much time planning, they are still caught with uncertainties that come with travel - how are the roads, where are the good restaurants, will my family be comfortable and so on. So why not leave the planning to the experts; and travel worry free. All you need to do is Hire a Scout who does all this for you, and provides online virtual trip assistance while you are traveling.
Sounds like a good idea? Sure is, because it's the hottest innovation in the travel industry; and travelers love it!
It's time to Hire a Scout and travel worry free!