46: How to Ski on Ice, Podcasts United and 2kg of cheese
There's a Team GB update and we find out more about the 'bad old days' of snowboarding from industry veteran Chris Moran.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their support.
- The Youth Olympic Games are taking place in Lausanne from 09-22 January 2020
- Watch out for Kirsty Muir leading the way for Team GB – our hot tip for a medal
- Club Med have released another bullshit survey
- Seriously, do you eat 2kg of cheese a day when you’re on ski holiday?
- Watch out for our stand-alone episode coming soon featuring an interview with snowboarding veteran Chris Moran, in which we discuss how he ended up on the cover of Issue 1 of White Lines Magazine, how pre-snowparks they had to dig their own half-pipes and more tales of the early days of British snowboarding
- Friend of the Show Dave Burrows is back with advice on ‘How to ski on ice’
- You can listen to Dave’s (1 hour, 41 minute) interview with Simon Butler on ‘The Ski Instructor Podcast’
- Jim teamed up with our podcasting friends across the Atlantic – the High Falutin SkiBums
- Iain interviewed Arthur Reversade, manager of the newly opened Folie Douce in Les Arcs
- Sisters Zoe (1st Half Pipe World Cup, Copper Mountain) and Izzy Atkin (3rd Big Air World Cup, Atlanta) both picked up podiums for Team GB
- Thomas Gerken-Schofield finished 4th in dual moguls in China – Team GB’s best ever result in this event
- APNorthfields asked for an episode about avalanche safety, so watch out for this coming up in an episode soon
- Thanks to Mike Pow on Snowheads for his kind comments
Thanks to Switzerland Tourism for supporting The Ski Podcast
Go to theskipodcast.com for timing codes