In Episode 47, Jim and Iain discuss cancelled flights at Chambéry, descending the legendary Vallée Blanche and we learn how to ski with your dog.
There's advice on skiing near Innsbruck, the latest news from Team GB - including the ski jump successors to Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards.
- Fog closed down Chambéry airport (or more specifically TUI flights to the airport) generating a lot of coverage in The Telegraph, The Indie, The Mirror and more
- We discussed skiing in Hakuba in Japan in Episode 41
- Jim visited the Swiss resort of Ovronnaz as he makes the most out of his Magic Pass
- We discussed the Magic Pass in Episode 35
- The Winter Youth Olympics have continued in Lausanne 2020 in Switzerland
- Mani Cooper and Sam Bolton both represented Team GB in the ski jump
Glynn Pedersen represented Team GB at Vancouver in 2002
- Iain spoke to Caroline Elliot, owner of Fjord, a Search and Rescue dog about tips for skiing with your dog
- Jim enjoyed his first descent on the famous Vallee Blanche off-piste run in Chamonix
- Ben Hollingshead asked for advice about good skiing near Innsbruck – we suggested Kuhtai or Stubai for guaranteed snow, or Nordkette (directly above Innsbruck itself) for more advanced skiers
- Thanks to Chris Meigh, Daniella and Stella for their 5-star reviews
- Please do leave your reviews on Apple Podcasts or iTunes as it helps other people find us
- Thanks to Howard McGee for his cheese feedback!
- Also thanks to all of our listeners for helping us hit record numbers for The Ski Podcast
- Dave Ryding finished 7th in Madonna – his best result this season