Flying Solo: Tips, Tools, and Advice on the FEEL First Model
It’s been a while since I’ve done a solo show, but it’s time to dig deep into the FEEL First Model. This topic is heavy-hitting and so important to the future of your organization and hiring practices. You see, Millennials are coming up through the rank and they need different things from the generations before them to make them feel happy and valued.
You’ve heard me talk about FEEL First Model several times because we’ve spent a lot of time and energy to create a truly meaningful tool for reflecting on your beliefs and actions. We track and measure your ability to face your fears, communicate with empathy, use ethics and good judgment and discover your love for your mission.
We polled and chatted with several millennials to get a better feel of what they need and want in the workplace. The typical corporate processes no longer hold up when it comes to the new workforce. For instance, the corporate system of keeping quiet and holding onto secrets no longer works. Your employees have spent years in school navigating problems and circumstances that come up each and every day in the workplace.
Listen in as I share practical tips and advice for you to measure and understand your FEEL score, and what this means in your interactions and communication. Millennials are the new workforce. If you want to decrease turnover and inspire massive loyalty, then you need to listen to this episode and learn what millennials are looking for!
- [00:59] Welcome back to the show!
- [01:55] Learn more about the FEEL First Model.
- [03:27] Listen as Deirdre shares what she learned from millennials in the workplace.
- [04:30] Ask yourself, why aren’t you being transparent with your employees?
- [07:08] Millennials want empathy. Listen to a story about one lady in particular.
- [10:20] What is your position on ethics and values in relation to your employees? Are you communicating in a way that makes your employees confident?
- [13:40] The last part of the FEEL model stands for love. Unleash the love of your mission!
- [15:52] Consider different kinds of communication platforms and meeting setups.
- [17:12] FEEL First is a roadmap, but you first have to take the test.
- [20:05] Learn a technique that helps you pause, breathe, and ask why.
- [22:24] How can you test how empathetic you are?
- [23:27] One quick exercise you can do to evaluate your ethics and values… YOURS… not your business’.
- [24:50] Ways that you can evaluate the level of love you have with what you’re doing and in your business.
Links and Resources:
Why Millennials Quit: A letter to incompetent leaders by Tim Denning
Episode Sponsor: FEEL First Test