Has the Revenue Manager role really evolved?
Our discussion covers a number of areas with the intention of trying to establish has the role of the Revenue Manager really evolved and how technology has, or could, impact on this evolution.
Areas we touch on and question we pose are:
• How technology has impacted the evolution and whether it is a threat or an enabler (3:46)
• Does the antiquated view of Revenue Management really exist still (6.45)
• How the RMS should liberate the Revenue Manager from the data crunching piece (10.26)
• If I was a GM what would I want my Revenue Manager to be doing (13.50)
• Why has the role not evolved as it should have – is it down to the Revenue professional, GMs and Owners or both (25.42)
• Are we in limbo or is it a Chicken and Egg scenario – we just need to work out which comes first (30:20)
Please feel free to contact us with any comments or thoughts on a topic that has occupied many conversations but where we have seen very little (significant) change across the industry.
We can look to follow up on any feedback and answer any questions with Adrienne in the future.