57: Summer Skiing in Switzerland, Eco Ski Clothing & Dave Ryding
- Jim says goodbye as he moves on from The Ski Podcast. Thanks Jim - it won't be the same without you!
- Jonny Goldsbrough is "gutted"
- Ged Ainsworth wonders "What will happen to this essential listening for all snowsports enthusiasts?" (The good news Ged, is that it's going to keep going!)
- Jim reported on summer skiing in the 'new normal' in Les 2 Alpes in Episode 56
- Iain travelled by train to Saas Fee where he reported on skiing in the new normal for In The Snow Magazine
- He also went to Zermatt, where he went ski touring up Breithorn
- Resorts in Victoria are closed, but other Australian resorts are open
- New Zealand resorts are open for kiwis only and have been very busy
- Rachael Westbrook is the founder of new sustainable ski clothing business EcoSki
- Jim was set three challenges by friend of the show Dave Burrows
- Iain met Dave Ryding in Saas Fee where he is training on the glacier. We previously interviewed Dave in Episode 54
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed us on iTunes
- Ged Ainsworth said: "Just to hear the title music puts me in eager anticipation of sliding on snow again! "
- Andrew Brennan was looking at an 1988 ski magazine and realised that much is the same as the podcast now, with Graham Bell, Eddie the Eagle, climate change and people travelling by train all featuring!
- Amy Moore told us she's never heard of the Magic Pass and asked if we know of any other Alps season passes?
- We discussed both Snow Pass and the Magic Pass in Episode 35
- You can find out more about 'Ski A La Carte' here: www.skialacarte.fr
- Other big area passes include the Ikon Pass and the Epic Pass
We're going to have a short break through August, with Episode 58 going live on or around 08 September.