Why Storytelling is So Important to Life and Business
In this era of fake news and inauthentic reporting, it’s important to bring things back to a safe space of truth. Michele Weldon has been an authority in the world of journalism for over 40 years and she’s here to share why storytelling remains an important thread in our lives.
Creating a compelling and authentic story that is still factual and entertaining is not an easy skill to master. In this era of fake news and inauthentic reporting, it’s important to bring things back to a safe space of truth. Michele Weldon has been an authority in the world of journalism for over 40 years and she’s here to share why storytelling remains an important thread in our lives.
Michele started her writing career at a very young age by publishing her own monthly newspaper for her friends and family. She continued developing her writing chops and in highschool wrote teen stories for the local newspaper.
She later went on to study journalism and make her way into the world of reporting. She has since written six non-fiction books with the sixth coming out in September of 2020. Her long and storied career has only been possible because of her desire to create truthful stories with impact.
Her thoughts on journalism today and why layering your writing are extremely thought-provoking, but her views on how to better your writing are invaluable. Take care of your mind and body and your writing will benefit as well. Listen in to learn more about creating your own writing habits and why storytelling remains imperative to our lives and businesses.Show Notes:
- [02:14] Michele Weldon is here to share more about delivering authenticate and accurate stories.
- [03:20] What put Michele on the path of becoming a storyteller and author?
- [05:18] Learn more about her book Act Like You’re Having a Good Time.
- [06:37] Who would benefit the most from her book?
- [07:54] What did her writing process look like and was it difficult to write her book?
- [09:47] Does she ever get stuck in writer’s block?
- [11:09] Learn more about writing in layers.
- [13:26] How are journalists handling truth today?
- [15:35] Her first tip for all aspiring journalists and storytellers.
- [16:44] Does she find herself reading more during this time?
- [18:53] Why reading is the key to improving your writing.
- [20:45] What does Michele do to keep refreshed and motivated?
- [24:22] A parallel to seeing is listening and both help with your writing.
- [25:15] Michele shares her advice on the first steps to take when finding your dream.