What’s Holding You Back?
I recently posed a question to my social media community asking them what was holding them back. It was very interesting to note that while I got a bunch of likes and hearts, there were very few comments.
Now that could mean one of two things. Either everyone is killing it and taking risks and putting themselves out there to learn and grow in life and business. OR it didn’t feel like a safe space to really dig into the things that are holding you back.
If you’ve been experiencing those feelings of doubt and unease, then I have three tips to help you overcome your blocks and barriers.
First, look internally to understand and then scale those barriers. There’s so much noise out there, but that noise is a distraction from the truth of your personal blocks. Look internally and work on your internal voice.
In that same vein, stop being so hard on yourself. When you take risks, you will make mistakes. That’s how you learn and the best way to grow. Allow yourself the grace to take the risk and if you fall, just remember to get back up.
Then always listen to your internal GPS. If an opportunity comes your way and you feel excited about it, then don’t listen to the voices that later make you doubt yourself. Your initial gut feeling was likely right and that opportunity should be yours.
So, what’s holding you back? How can you overcome it?Show Notes:
- [01:03] Welcome back to Women Worldwide.
- [02:03] Why people may not have responded to my question about what’s holding them back.
- [03:07] Don’t look at the external. Look internally to overcome your barriers.
- [04:23] Stop being so hard on yourself. Mistakes pave the path to true learning.
- [05:36] Listen to your inner GPS.
- [07:29] Hear a quick recap of the three tips.