Picture Organic Clothing (Bonus Episode #6)
Nov 03, 2020, 07:15 AM
In this Ski Podcast Special, Iain interviews Florian Palluel, Sustainability and Transparency Manager at Picture Organic Clothing.
Sustainability in the clothing industry has never been more important, with research showing it is responsible for up to 10% of greenhouse gas emissions and 20% of all global wastewater.
During this interview we discuss many topics including:
· the history of the company
· their supply chain and how they source their materials
· why they choose to manufacture in Turkey & China and not France
· what steps they are taking to reduce packaging
· how they are making their new offices as sustainable as possible
· whether in the future a zero-emission ski jacket might be possible
We also mention this survey by consultancy McKinsey about consumer views on sustainable fashion.
If you’d like to find out more, you may find these two links useful:
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, please do share it on social and tag us at @theskipodcast