Episode 189 - Otto Sanchez and Matthieu Cabon of Magnol French Baking
Today on the podcast Eric is joined by Felice Sloan to discuss the latest happenings in the Houston bar and restaurant scene including Blood Bros. BBQ operators Quy Hoang, Robin and Terry Wong teaming up with pastry chef Alyssa Dole to launch Luloo's Pantry, Brandi Key joining Five 12 Restaurant Concepts, and Acme Oyster Co. opening in Houston. In the Restaurants of the Week portion Thirteen by James Harden and Littlefoot are featured. In the Guest of the Week section Eric is joined by Otto Sanchez and Matthieu Cabon of Magnol French Baking. Eric speaks with Otto and Matthieu about how the two of them met and came together on this project, how their initial wholesale plan quickly changed, what they're doing differently from other bakeries, the customer response so far, why Matthieu decided to leave France for America, what they make by hand, why organic bread is better, the challenges of baking while dealing with Houston's humidity, what their future plans are, and more!
- Acclaimed Barbecue Joint and Talented Pastry Chef Team Up for New Garden Oaks Sandwich Shop
- 3 Talented Top Chefs' Big Moves Heat Up Houston's Restaurant Scene
- Legendary New Orleans Seafood Restaurant Opens this Weekend in Montrose
- Veteran Houston Chef Opens His Highly Anticipated New Heights Restaurant
- Rising Chef with Hugo's Cred Rolls Out New Mexican Restaurant in Downtown Food Hall
- First Houston Contestant Eliminated on Second Episode of Top Chef