Mission E Performance, Roadster Spy Vid and EV Charge Times | 19 Feb 2018
EV Owners Save Time Charging Over Filling Up ICE Car | Video Clip Of Tesla Roadster Testing At Fremont | Model 3 Reverse Engineered By German Auto Makers | Porsche Mission E To Be Used On Track Days | Chevrolet Bolt Sales Increase From Former Model 3 Reservation Holders | VW ID Concept Cars Driven By Fully Charged Show
Monday 19th February 2018. On the podcast today…
- You’ve heard the argument a thousand times – someone won’t buy an EV until the time it takes to charge is the same as filling up with a tank at the petrol station. But now a new study shows that owning an EV actually saves you time because of where and when you charge. https://cleantechnica.com/2018/02/18/evs-can-actually-save-time-depending-driving-circumstances/
- A new video clip of the Tesla Roaster has surfaced which was actually shot on 14th February – happy Valentine’s Day to this person who saw some testing at the Freemont factory test track. https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-roadster-spy-shot-launch-fremont-factory-test-track/
- Meanwhile, remember those shots of Model 3’s in air freight, strapped in and heading to Germany via aircraft? Now a German newspaper says one of the luxury Germany marques paid $230,000 for each car before test driving them and then dismantling them. https://electrek.co/2018/02/17/tesla-model-3-german-automaker-reverse-engineered/
- More details about the performance of the Porsche Mission E seem to confirm that whilst it would lose a drag race to a Tesla Model S, it’s being engineered to have all of its power available for a longer period of time. This makes it suitable to track days thanks to an advanced cooling system. https://carbuzz.com/news/porsche-mission-e-will-destroy-the-tesla-model-s-at-the-track
- The Chevrolet Bolt is starting to show increased sales from former Model 3 reservation holders who are frustrated at continued delays. In the U.S. it also means they are guaranteed to get the maximum possible tax rebate. https://carbuzz.com/news/chevrolet-has-tesla-to-thank-for-a-run-on-bolt-evs
- And finally a recommendation of what to watch on Youtube. If you haven’t already seen it, you have to check out the latest video from Fully Charged with Jonny Smith heading to California to test three VW concept cars – the ID, ID Crozz and ID Buzz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQut6ks3nSY&feature=youtu.be
Thank you for listening today, I hope you've enjoyed it. We'd love to spread the word about electric cars so please do share this with at least one person who might be interested.
Just a reminder you can listen to all of our previous podcasts on iTunes, whilst you’re there why not Subscribe for free and then you get them automatically.
It would really mean a lot if you could take 2mins to leave a quick review on iTunes which will help us spread the word to a wider audience about electric cars.
If you have an Amazon Echo, why not be one of the first to download our brand new Alexa Skill, search for EV News Daily and add it as a flash briefing.
Come and say hi on Twitter @EVNewsDaily, have a wonderful day, and I'll see you tomorrow.