76: Surfing, Skateboarding & Snow Drifts in Switzerland
- Iain didn't get to ski in Zermatt, but he did do this snow report for InTheSnow Magazine
- Dave Burrows from SnowPros Ski School was skiing at the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise from the Cervinia side
- The UK government has introduced a new 'Amber Plus' category for France in their traffic light system
- France has also introduced a new vaccination certificate system, called the Pass Sanitaire, to allow access to restaurants
- Jim was surfing in the Alaia Bay surf centre in Sion and skateboarding at the Alaia Chalet in Crans Montana
The Alaia Bay surf centre
- Iain went to Crans Montana in December when he interviewed Adam Bonvin, the founder of Alaia Chalet and Alaia Bay
- Iain was trail running last week in Switzerland as preparation for the UTMB race in August
- Day 1 took him along the Sierre-Zinal course
- He first came across snow on Stage 6 of the Via Valais, which took him to the Turtmann Hutte where he interviewed Fredy Tscherigg
Magdalen and Fredy Tscherigg
- Stage 7 was more challenging with heavy snowfall to deal with!
- Iain last stayed in a refuge when ski touring in Morocco. You can listen to his report on this in Episode 30
Ski touring in Morocco
- Cathy Rankin took part in the Travel Industry Day of Action
- Seasonal Businesses in Travel are lobbying for British staff to be able to work in the Alps
Photo (c) Daily Express
"Love the skipodcast. Thank you for keeping us hopeful over the last 15 months."
Thanks to Wayne Hall and Jonny Goldsbrough for buying me a coffee. Don't forget if you enjoy listening to The Ski Podcast, you can buy me a coffee at buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast and all cuppas are much appreciated.
If you'd like some TSP stickers for your helmet, skis or phone, then just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your address and we'll post some out to you for free.
Equally that's the email address if you've got any questions or suggestions for items you'd like to listen to on the show. And if you enjoy the show, let us know - send us an email or contact us via social media...and tell all your friends about this great podcast you've found.