Shingles & Post Herpetic Neuralgia (PHN)
6:15 - Dr Robert Johnson speaks: What is Post Herpetic Neuralgia (PHN)?
11:35 - Jan Fisher, who has lived with PHN for 8 years, speaks about her experience.
14:55 - Marian Nicholson from the Shingles Support Society speaks: Shingles awareness, treatment & what to do if you think you have Shingles?
16:55 - Dr Robert Johnson speaks about treatment for Shingles & PHN.
20:05 - Jan Fisher elaborates on her own experience of medication for PHN.
21:25 - Dr Michael Serpell on what you can expect from PHN treatment & pain management techniques.
26:10 - Dr Robert Johnson discusses the Shingles vaccination.
26: 45- Marian Nicholson speaks about the rollout of the Shingles vaccination and who is eligible.
27:45 - Dr Robert speaks about the low uptake of the vaccine and why it's important to get it.
33:11 - Dr Robert Johnson on amitriptyline and studies on preventing PHN.
35:15 - Final words from Jan Fisher on why you should get the Shingles vaccine.
- Dr Michael Serpell, Consultant in Anaesthesia & Pain Medicine at Stobhill Hospital Glasgow.
- Marian Nicholson, Director of the Herpes Viruses Association & Shingles Support Society.
- Dr Robert Johnson, Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Bristol Medical School, University of Bristol.
- Jan Fisher, had the Shingles virus & lives with Post Herpetic Neuralgia.
- Shingles Support Society
- Airing Pain 46: Post-Herpetic Neuralgia and Migraine
- Airing Pain 115: Neuropathic Pain 1
- Airing Pain 116: Neuropathic Pain 2
- Pain Concern’s leaflet on Neuropathic Pain
- Herpes Viruses Association
- NHS Guidance for Shingles
- British Pain Society
- IASP Global Year Against Neuropathic Pain 2014-15