In Episode 87 we discuss the Swiss Magic Pass, the best new kit for next winter, plus we find out about skiing from Allenheads in England to the Aosta Valley in Italy.
· Switzerland remains the simplest country to go to if you have children, with no extra rules in place for the u16s
· The Day 2 return travel test looks like it will end on February 11
· The French travel ban ended on 14 January
· Italy now requires a ‘Super Green Pass’ to go skiing
· Abi Butcher was nominated
in the TravMedia awards for her exclusive on the Verbier fiasco last year. You can listen to Abi talking about that story in E66
· Jim Duncombe is based in La Clusaz
· Martina has skied throughout the Aosta Valley
, including in Courmayeur, La Thuile and Pila
specialise in school ski trips to Pila
· Both Martina and Simon have skied in Bariloche
were one of the award winners
offer plant-based dye on their Merino underlayers
· Find out about Intersport’s BootDoc service in Episode 86
· Kirsty Muir took 5th in Ski Slopestyle at the same event
· Charlie Guest took a career best 13th in the Slalom in Schladming Slalom
· Team GB athletes have been given 'burner phones
' to avoid being spied on
Doug Newman: 'Great podcasting'
Janet Barnett: "Have been listening since The 2018 Olympics and still very much enjoying every episode"
Don't forget you can always buy me a coffee at buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast
. All cuppas are much appreciated.
Coral (BMAC): "The only thing to cure a pining for the mountains when you can't otherwise be on them!”
Paul Sonn (BMAC): "I've been enjoying your really useful program”
I mentioned earlier that TSP has been nominated as BWP. Very easy to vote - just go to www.sportspodcastawards.com
. Would really appreciate and would like to thank the many people who have voted for us already, including Fran Lambert and Martin Constable.
I also enjoy all feedback about the show, so please do email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow me @skipedia and the podcast @theskipodcast.
Thanks go to Switzerland Tourism
for sponsoring the podcast.