Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places
For so many people, finding love is one of the most difficult things they’ve ever done. It makes you wonder, why do some people find love so easily and others have immense trouble? Venus Castleberg, author of Here to Forever: Finally Free to Be Me, joins me to chat about looking for love in all the wrong places, and where she finally found hers.
Venus has spent much of her life jumping from modality to modality, practice to practice looking for something to fix her. What she finally realized was that she was never broken; she simply didn’t love herself. How can you find love with another person if you don’t have love for yourself?
This realization changed so much in her life, her career, and her relationships. She’s now an Access Consciousness Certified Facilitator and coaches others in rediscovering their love for themselves.
Writing Here to Forever: Finally Free to Be Me gave Venus even more insights into her own issues with self-love. It had always been a bucket list item to become an author, but she didn’t realize that the story she needed to tell was her own. As she wrote, rewrote, and rewrote again Here to Forever, she unearthed a love of the negative self-talk that was keeping her stuck.
The adage that we teach what we need to learn has never had more meaning than in the process of writing a memoir.
Listen in to hear Venus’s story and all of the advice she gives around finding love for yourself, within your being. Looking for love in the wrong places happens because you stopped trying to find it in the right one. Within you!Show Notes:
- [02:09] Learn about Venus and her penchant for looking for love in all the wrong places.
- [03:45] Is there a type of relationship that can’t be fixed?
- [05:03] How does somebody find the wholeness of themselves?
- [06:58] Why do we tend to repeat the same patterns over and over?
- [08:54] What did Venus want her readers to know when she wrote her book?
- [11:28] Did she ever reach a point while writing that she had to walk away from her story?
- [12:41] Venus’s encouragement to anyone who is trying to write a book right now.
- [14:01] Learn the tools Venus has used to fall in love with herself.
- [15:18] She shares her clairvoyant gifts.
- [16:56] What’s Venus’s definition of vulnerability?
- [19:29] How does she handle the stress of life and relationships?
- [21:34] Ways Venus stays true to herself when things get hard.
- [23:33] Her parting advice for everyone who’s trying to find love.
- [24:11] Connect with Venus.
Here to Forever: Finally Free to Be Me by Venus Castleberg
LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram
FOLLOW ME AT:
- Website: https://www.deirdrebreakenridge.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dbreakenridge/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeirdreBreak...
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dbreakenridge
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deirdrebr…
- Email: email@example.com