When Children Have Arthritis
04:03 - introduction to juvenile idiopathic arthritis by Julie Duncan
07:13 - how does juvenile idiopathic arthritis present?
09:00 - what is SNAC and personal stories from a parent.
12:56 - parent of a child with juvenile idiopathic arthritis shares how they first spotted it.
14:42 - Vanessa Raimondo discusses medication options for juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
18:44 - parents & children share their stories.
21:33 - Vanessa Raimondo discusses medication side effects.
23:57 - Alison Ross discusses coping mechanisms for juvenile idiopathic arthritis & more on medications and treatments.
30:23 - parent of a child with juvenile idiopathic arthritis on her daughter's journey with JIA, medications and diagnosis.
31:15 - coping as a parent of a child with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
31: 54 - coping with juvenile idiopathic arthritis as a family
34: 29 - parents of a child with juvenile idiopathic arthritis share their family's story.
39:10 - how does juvenile idiopathic arthritis make the children who suffer from it feel?
41: 18 - family from Shetland share their story of having a child with JIA in a remote area.
43:27 - Jo Walsh tells us about SPARN (Scottish Paediatric & Adolescent Rheumatology Network) and how they support families with JIA.
47:00 - how to handle the transition from children's health services to young adult services.
48:06 - Vanessa Raimondo tells us about what we can do (aside from medications) to manage JIA.
49:27 - young person shares their experience of juvenile idiopathic arthritis and still enjoying sports, exercise and success growing older with JIA.
54:20 - Sharon Douglas, chairperson and co-founder of SNAC, conclusion and raising awareness about JIA.
- Parents (and their children) of 23 children between the ages of 5 and 14 who have juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Sharon Douglas - SNAC (Scottish Network for Arthritis in Children) chairperson & co-founder.
- Julie Duncan – General Paediatrician NHS Lothian District General Rheumatology Clinic.
- Vanessa Raimondo - Rheumatology Nurse based in Edinburgh.
- Alison Ross – Children’s Arthritis Nurse working in Aberdeen.
- Jo Walsh – Paediactric Rheumatologist based in Glasgow, working as part of SPARN (Scottish Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology Network).
- SNAC - Supporting Children & Families with JIA
- Versus Arthritis
- SPARN - Scottish Paediatric & Adolescent Rheumatology Network
- Airing Pain 106 - Pain Education for Doctors, Patients and Parents
- Airing Pain 99 - Transition Services for Adolescents with Chronic Pain
- Airing Pain 78 - Putting Children's Pain in the Picture
- Airing Pain 59 - Pain in the Family: Young Adults 1 of 2
- Airing Pain 60 - Pain in the Family: Young Adults 2 of 2