In Episode 95 of The Ski Podcast we discuss La Tania, Chamonix in summer, and the challenges facing the UK ski industry. Plus we talk to Arnie Wilson - the man who skied every single day for a year – and reveal our pick of the best new skis for next winter.
Iain was joined live by Diane Palumbo (Skiworld
), Toffa (LaTania.co.uk
) and Al Morgan (SkiKitInfo
), as well as down the line by Claire Burnet from Chamonix.
Thanks again to Switzerland Tourism for their support. You can see their amazing ‘Swiss Sanctuary
’ at the Chelsea Flower Show, designed by Lilly Gomm.
· Iain competed in the UTMB in August 2021
· Claire Burnet previously appeared on the podcast in Episode 73
· A visit to the Aiguille du Midi is a must if you’ve never done it before
· Iain saw a photoshoot with freeskier Vivian Bruchez
· Diane is Sales and Marketing Director at Skiworld
· Arnie Wilson is most well-known for his exploits in 1994 when he skied every day for a year. We covered his book 'Ski The World' Ski Book Group in Episode 20
· Al loved the Volkl Deacon 72
– it’s expensive, but an incredible performer
· His other favourite was the Salomon QST 106
– a wide, freeride ski
Our 2022 Survey is now live
– it only takes a minute or two to complete and we would really appreciate your feedback - and you could win a pair of Atomic goggles worth £200
FEEDBACK AND REVIEWS
Please leave your comments and reviews either on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, social media or email to theskipodcast @ gmail.com
Alex Crump (YT): "Great to listen to the Mayor of Les 2 Alpes and his plan for a green future"
Mark Thommason (YT): “Was surprised to see the UTMB cap…so impressed!”