Moms Who Murder II
Jun 16, 2022, 04:00 AM
A 2014 study found that around 500 times per year in the US, a parent kills their child/children. A mother kills her child on average, every three days. Why? There is never an easy answer - financial problems, single parenthood, multiple children, substance abuse and mental illness can all contribute to filicide.
In this episode of the True Crime Society Podcast we discuss five recent cases where a mother has killed her child or children. Please note that this episode does contain some graphic details – listener and viewer discretion is advised.
- Julissa Hart was pulled over by police in Minnesota in May 2022. She was covered in blood, which she tried to explain as menstrual blood. Police searched her vehicle and found her son Eli, deceased in the trunk. Julissa allegedly shot Eli while he was strapped into his car seat.
- Angela Flores’ neighbors called 911 after they found her rambling incoherently in their yard. Just hours later, a 911 call was made from her home. Angela had allegedly murdered her three children on Mother’s Day this year.
- Makaylia Jolley is a young mother aged 20 with two young babies. In May 2022, multiple 911 calls were made after she was seen throwing her infant daughter onto the road. The baby died and the death penalty is being sought in this case.
- Trinh Nguyen was found almost unresponsive in her car. A note was found on the dash: “Please call 911 My children are Dead in their bed at 119 Timber Ridge Rd.’ Trinh’s two sons were shot in the head by their mother and they both passed away days later in hospital.
- In September 2021, Fallon Harris asked her 12 y/o son Kaden where had he put her SD card. He was unable to give it back to his mother, so she shot him twice, killing him.
Read our blogs for these cases – TrueCrimeSocietyBlog.com
This episode is sponsored by:
June’s Journey – There is a detective in all of us! Download June’s Journey free today on the Apple App Store or Google Play!
Thuma - Create that feeling of checking in to your favorite boutique hotel suite, but at home, with The Bed, by Thuma. And now go to Thuma.co/CRIME and use the code CRIME to receive a twenty-five dollar credit towards your purchase of The Bed plus free shipping in the continental U.S.
Microdose Gummies - Go to microdose.com and use code TCS for 30% off your first order of THC gummies.
BetterHelp – get 10% off your first month of customized online therapy at BetterHelp.com/society