96: Royals on the Snow, Chamonix, Neil English & Pre-loved Skiwear
Iain was joined by ski journalist Neil English, Claire Burnet from the Chamonix tourist office, Whoski.com founder Sally Warren and Al Morgan from SkiKitInfo.
- Geraint Thomas became the first Briton to win the Tour de Suisse
- We can exclusively reveal that the British royal family were skiing at The Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead (although we can’t tell you who there were!)
- Shortly after announcing start of ticket sales, the organisers of London Ski Festival announced its cancellation
- The National Snow Show at the Birmingham NEC will be going ahead as planned on on 15-16 October
- The Travelski Express is back for 2022/23
- Listen to our special episode about the Travelski Express, recorded when Iain travelled on the inaugural service
- Alex Irwin from 150 Days of Winter reported from Tignes
- Alex Armand from Tip Top Ski Coaching was in Les 2 Alpes
- Jasmin Taylor reported from Mt Hotham in Australia
- Jasmin was last on the show in Episode 94
- Episode 97 will be an Australia/New Zealand special
- Our 2022 Survey is now live – it only takes a couple of minutes to complete and you could win one of two pairs of Atomic Four Q HD goggles to give away, plus other prizes
- You can read Neil’s article about Matt Hancock in Villars here
- Other celebrities seen in Villars include Jacques Villeneuve and Mike Tindall
- Iain travelled to Chamonix by train
- The Chamonix Film Festival took place earlier this month
- The Charamaillon lift is being redeveloped and there is work going on at Montenvers to improve the cable car to the glacier
- Love Island is being supported by ebay
- Jemma Tadd (Head of Fashion Buying at eBay) believes Love Island has power to change consumers’ perceptions around secondhand clothes
- Whoski.com is a platform for selling pre-loved skiwear
- Iain spoke to Par Johan Astrand about his 3000km cycle ride to bring awareness of climate change
- You can follow Par's journey on Instagram
Feedback & Reviews
I enjoy all feedback about the show, so please do get in
contact - Reviews/comments wherever you leave them are always welcome, whether on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, social media or via email.
Old Fartbag: "I listened to what Al said with interest. I'm not sure I have ever heard him be so enthusiastic over a ski"
Andrea Dalton: "Loved listening to Diane, another fab episode! Found it
interesting but also a shame for our English young people that want to do a
BobinCH: "Enjoyed that! The Diane from Skiworld lady was funny. Great work!"
Anon: “Thank you so much Iain for keeping going during the last two years, your podcasts helped more than you probably know (for me at least) during challenging times. I love hearing about everything related to the mountains, long may it continue.”
Ryunis: "Great to put a voice to LaTania.co.uk It's a fantastic website and a really great source of info. Keep up the great pods. They help me still feel tuned in to the mountain community."
You can follow Iain at @skipedia and the podcast @theskipodcast