Scott Mills - 24 years on Radio 1
From early breakfast, to drive, afternoons and hundreds of breakfast cover shows - Scott has soundtracked a generation of Radio 1 listeners lives.
This week, in an extended episode, Christian Hewgill talks to Scott about his unforgettable time at the station he wanted to work at since being a child. Expect some Scott Mills gold, and a few things to learn along the way, including...
- What made him want to work at Radio 1?
- How he went from a commercial jock, to a feature-led presenter
- The value of the Producer-Presenter relationship, as he formed a partnership with Emlyn Dodd
- His all-time favourite features
- How he helped Radio 1 start doing video content
- How he formed relationships with sidekicks
- His friendship with Chris Stark
- The key to a long career on youth radio
- The emotions of leaving the station he loves