101: Skiing in Greece, 'Frontside' skis & the 'Parablack'
· Gemma travelled to Val Cenis and Val Frejus last spring
· Splitboard Fest will be held in La Norma in January 2023
· Skiing on the glacier in Zermatt restarted on Tue 20 September
· Recent episodes have included Warren Smith, Helen Coffey, Speed Opening in Zermatt and, of course, our 100th Episode
· Thanks to Julie for her comments on the taxonomy of the podcasts!
· Les 3 Vallees - the largest ski area in the world - is now the main sponsor of The Ski Podcast
· Read about the solar panels installed in Meribel this summer on the Saulire Express
· Gemma skied in Parnassos in Greece
· Listen to Iain’s report on his half-term family ski trip to the French Pyrenees in Episode 49
· ‘The Ski Podcast’ will be at the National Snow Show taking people ‘off the beaten track’ in our live episode covering Morocco, Turkey, Albania & Kazahkstan. It’s on at 12pm on Saturday 15th October.
· On Sunday 16th October, Iain will be presenting about driving EVs to and around the Alps.
· Iain curated the forum at ‘Ski Launch’ – an industry event in London on 13 September – and the sustainability panel at LISTEX, held at The Snow Centre, Hemel Hempstead
· James Gambrill is the General Manager of the Ski Club of Great Britain
· Iain was reading these US ski reviews
· Mike Greenland asked us via Twitter: "Who remembers the Parablock from the 70s?”
· A vaguely similar idea available now is the Edgie Wedgie
You can give us feedback about the show, on social to @theskipodcast or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Frisby: "Loved episode about La Plagne (99). Love the resort so much.”
Joe McHugh: “Great podcast again, as always! Regarding the Vanoise Express link to Les Arcs, if you stay in Montchavin, you can ski a full day in either La Plagne or Les Arcs. The village is one lift away in the morning and there are no extra lifts to be taken in the evening: you just ski back to the village. It’s a traditional village, quiet with limited night-life, but location makes it a great base to explore the whole Paradiski area.”
Richard_Sideways: “Great special with Warren Smith”
BobinCH: “Great podcast with Warren! Didn’t know he filmed with Guido Perrini”
Liam Major: “I just wanted to say I've been listening through the podcast series and I'm hooked, you and Iain do a really good job. I've only recently developed an interest in skiing and have started listening through all of your podcasts in anticipation for my first trip away. The magnitude of knowledge I've have learned from these podcasts is exceptional so I can't thank you enough.”
Photo from https://www.facebook.com/OnParnassos