Kate and Katherine Catch Up + Featured Book HOUSE OF LONGING by Tara Calaby
Tara Calaby lives in Gippsland with her wife and far too many books. She is currently a PhD candidate at La Trobe University, researching the social worlds of women in Victorian lunatic asylums.
Her speculative and historical short stories have appeared in a number of journals and anthologies.
Tara recommends A Million Things by Emily Spurr. (Note: You will cry!!)
You can find Tara on her website, Twitter and Instagram.
Kate and Katherine discuss:
- The cover reveal for The Hummingbird Effect
- On Waiting, from Madeline Dore's newsletter
- Inconceivable: Heartbreak, Bad Dates and Finding Solo Motherhood by Alexandra Collier
- Motherhood by Sheila Heti
- The Swift Dark Tide by Katia Ariel
- Till Death Do Us Part (article in The Good Weekend) by Fenella Souter
- Yo'ure Welcome podcast with Hilary Rushford Collyer (these three episodes)
- Musician, writer and advocate, Eliza Hull (editor of We've Got This: Stories by Disabled Parents) has a new single out - Running Underwater - fab video clip featuring Roya the Destroyer