Episode #98 – Nice Gentle Weirdos
News and Updates (00:02:00)
- Don’t forget to check out Karen on Seaweed Brain Podcast!
- Are you going to one of the Chalice of the Gods book tour stops?
- Read Riordan wants you to meet Flordeliza from The Spirit Glass.
- You can also read an exclusive excerpt from Roshani Chokshi’s latest novel.
- Serwa Boateng’s Guide to Witchcraft and Mayhem releases on September 12.
- Chalice of the Gods also releases on September 26, and we give you an update on our plans for discussing the book.
- Kristen also gives us an update on the strikes and…Taylor Swift!?
- What is this book about?
- What did we think about the writing, and how does it compare to Aru Shah (the series)?
- You should definitely pick up The Last Tale of the Flower Bride if you liked this book.
- There are a lot of relatable themes in this book that we’ll be discussing throughout this episode.
- We love a book with Graci Kim vibes!
- Okay, let’s talk about Corazon Lopez, our hero for this adventure.
- Althea is awesome, but Emilio? He’s the best dad EVER.
- How does Corazon compare to Aru Shah (the character)?
- Saso is undoubtedly the standout character in this book.
- Aunt Tina is super powerful and super suspicious.
- The Midnight Bridge market sounds like a spooky and amazing place to visit.
- You could say that Librarian Bulosan is a bit entian in nature.
- And then there’s Leo (not that Leo!), who is super cute but definitely has some secrets of his own.
- Lastly, we have Flordeliza, who we’ll have to talk more about later.
- Oh, and how could we forget to talk about the House!?
- The spoiler section starts at 00:38:57.
- Let’s kick off this part by talking about the Library of Mirrors.
- Did you catch that Aru Shah reference?
- So we can blame mirrors for stealing our socks!?
- We get a proper quest for this adventure, and all seems right with the world.
- First stop? Visiting
- We really loved how Corazon decided what was a fair trade for his blessing.
- Um, the manananggal is terrifying but also kind of cool?
- Next up, we visit the diwata and meet the Marias.
- The mystery around Leo deepens!
- Did the Marias purposefully send Corazon into danger, and were their intentions nefarious?
- Kristen totally knew that Corazon’s dress was a clue to what was going on.
- We backtrack a little bit to talk about Flordeliza’s backstory.
- Padre Francisco was, hands down, the worst person in this book.
- Did you guess the Leo reveal!?
- Okay, let’s talk about the end of this book now.
- Aunt Tina is WHO!?
- The House ended up being so much more important than we thought.
- Ohhhhh, that’s how the soul key was formed.
- This book really is about grief and acceptance.
- Saso just needs something to fight against!
- Would we like a sequel to this story?
- This week, we’re reading The Red Pyramid chapter 21.
- You do NOT want to mess with the Set animal.
- How does Carter’s falcon eyesight work and what does it mean?
- Is there something to the fact that Carter’s abilities are more physical?
- What do we think about Set and Set’s animal being described as evil?
- Cats always land on their feet, and so do cat goddesses!
- It’s kind of cool there are consequences to turning into birds too often.
- We love seeing the growth between Carter and Sadie!
- There’s lots of aunts in this week’s discussion!
- Being able to store stuff in the Duat seems highly convenient!
- Did you remember the bit about the locker from the beginning of the book?
- This was a well-balanced chapter!
This episode’s hosts are: Karen Rought and Kristen Kranz.
Each episode, our Prophecy Radio hosts and their guests will keep you up to date on the latest information coming out of Camp Half-Blood, including upcoming books and adaptation news, discuss a topic of choice, and do a chapter by chapter reread of the Percy Jackson series.
Follow Us: Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Tumblr
Listen and Subscribe: Audioboom // Apple // Spotify
Feel free to leave us your questions or comments through any of these mediums! You can also email us at email@example.com or visit our homepage for archives and more information about our show.
Prophecy Radio is a Subjectify Media podcast production. Visit Subjectify Media for more shows, including Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, ReWatchable, and Not About The Weather, and for all our latest articles about the stories we’re passionate about.