Rich Williams, Mark Holmes, Pete Farries and semi-regular guest Alex Brooker gather to remember Sven-Göran Eriksson and Thaksin Shinawatra's ridiculous season together at Manchester City, including talk of world domination, three signings from Thailand, the chairman refusing to take the manager's calls, and an 8-1 defeat to Middlesbrough.
Former City captain Michael Ball joins on the phone to provide an insight into some of the bizarre goings-on that season, including team meetings being interrupted by the chairman's wife and the chairman himself giving the players a team talk.
We finish with another episode of Football Fact or Fiction in which Rich tries to guess which of the many unlikely stories about Sven is, in fact, true.
Make sure you head to www.planetfootball.com
for more 2000s nostalgia, including expanded interviews with many of the show's guests.
- An introduction to this week’s show.
- Some brief Sven moments (2m 33s)
- Sven arrives (4m 05s)
- What Thaksin wants (4m 55s)
- Pete is out of touch (6m 00s)
- The Thai players who joined (6m 40s)
- The bigger name buys (7m 49s)
- Mark and Sven (8m 53s)
- The end (9m 43s)
- Sven and England (10m 05s)
- Interview with Michael Ball. The defender talks his time with Sven, how Sven was and that final, Boro game (12m 21s)
- City Fans & Sven (31m 43s)
- 8-1 (32m 37s)
- Football Fact or Fiction (37m 20s)
FOLLOW PLANET FOOTBALL: