Are You Feeling Stuck?
Your mindset is the key to finding your passion and your purpose. Hazel Ortega grew up in one of the worst areas of Los Angeles and didn’t realize that her upbringing was keeping her from living out her dreams. In many ways, her past kept her from dreaming at all.
Fast-forward several years to a time when she was working as a legal secretary. She sustained an on the job injury that threatened her entire livelihood and took the opportunity to complete her education. Later on, she went back to school and finished high school.
She then completed her associates, her bachelors, and went on to complete her Ph.D. As her education expanded her confidence grew and grew, but she was still stuck in a place devoid of dreams.
Hazel confronted her issues with the past and began manifesting the dreams she’d suppressed her entire life. The rest as they say, was history. Listen in as Hazel shares how she shifted her mindset to focus on her dreams and why that has resulted in life-changing opportunities.
Hazel’s story is so inspiring and her advice on how to shift your mindset blocks is truly actionable.Show Notes:
- [01:59] What would you say to someone who told you that your life could change drastically?
- [03:22] Learn more about Hazel Ortega and how she got to where she is today.
- [06:42] Getting hurt on the job changed her life. Hazel shares why.
- [09:19] For Hazel, getting an education led her to live her best life.
- [11:46] Having role models around us is so important. This was true for Hazel too.
- [13:14] How did Hazel tap the full potential of social media in her journey?
- [15:16] What challenges did Hazel face after getting her degrees?
- [17:49] Why Hazel’s past and her story kept her from dreaming big.
- [19:20] Learn how she combatted her past to create a new future.
- [22:12] How can you move past your negative default thoughts?
- [23:20] Hazel shares her key points of advice for pivoting and changing your life.
- [26:01] Connect with Hazel.
Episode Sponsor: Routledge