59.5: Emily Sarsfield, #SaveTheSkiTrain & Cahaya Straits (Full version)
Iain was joined in Episode 59 by Megan Hughes, Digital Content Manager at InTheSnow.com and Olympian Emily Sarsfield.
- You can find out more about the new Eiger Express in Grindelwald here
- We covered Emily’s Meribel Ski Yoga weeks in Episode 41
- Does skiing on the Zermatt glacier from Cervinia require a quarantine? Let us know what you think on Facebook or Twitter
- Is this the season to try skiing in Poland?
- Megan skied in Garmisch in Germany
- Les 3 Vallees have confirmed that masks will not have to be worn while skiing this winter
- There will be no chalets at Crystal Ski this season
- Mt Buller is letting season pass holders choose their refund amount
- You can listen to our interview with Miss SnowItAll (Rachael Oakes-Ash) in Episode 56
- Listen out our Ski Podcast special interview with Benjamin Alexander, who is hoping to be the first Jamaican Olympic Skier (or you can watch it on Facebook)
- Emily Sarsfield competed in Skier Cross at PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- You can listen to our PyeongChang specials here
- Cahaya Straits are a new company producing sustainable skiwear
- We interviewed Rachael Westbrook from Eco Ski in Episode 57
- We love Patagonia!
- You can find out more about the Save The Ski Train campaign here
- Don’t forget to sign the petition
- Watch our Train Travel as a Facebook Live, broadcast by Ski Flight Free
- It will be released in an edited version as a Ski Podcast Special on 29 September
- Find out more about Protect Our Winters
- Thanks to ‘Whacker London’ for their 5-star review
- Also to Chris Howie: "Great episode! Keep up the good work."
- We will be reviewing ‘A Whole Life’ by Robert Seethaler for Ski Book Group in Episode 60
Coming up in Episode 60
- Iain will be joined by Dave Burrows, who’ll be looking at the impact of Brexit
- Lucy Aspden, ski correspondent for The Telegraph, will be joining us
- Interview with Team GB telemarker Jasmin Taylor
- New and old ski tech discussion with David Goldsmith