In Episode 74, we discuss summer skiing in Avoriaz, sustainability in Morzine and cat skiing in North Macedonia. Plus we talk origins with Jim Adlington from Planks Clothing and the demise of apres-ski in Courchevel with Alex Irwin.
Iain is joined ‘live’ by Sara Burdon from Morzine Tourist Office and regular guest and friend of the show, Mike Richards.
· You can read the details of their latest research
· Their Sherpa tool is useful for checking the latest situation in each country
· Richie Owen reported from Mt Hutt
in New Zealand
· We have over 100 episodes to catch up on
· Avoriaz was founded by Jean Vuarnet
, ski racer and sunglass pioneer
· Dom Turner from Skiology was on the show in Episode 65
· Iain went to Les Arcs to review their sustainability in Episode 45
· Morzine was the first ski resort to have a dedicated MTB course in 1997
· Popova Shapka
was a candidate for the 1992 Winter Olympics (which went to Sarajevo instead)
· Mike stayed at the Hotel Slavija, which opened in 1987
· Alex Irwin is presenter of the 150 Days of Winter
YouTube channel Buy Me A Coffee
I'd like to thank Wayne Hall and the Winterised team for buying me a cuppa since our last episode.
It takes hours to put together a single episode of the podcast, so if you enjoy The Ski Podcast, you can buy me a coffee at www.buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast Stickers
Don't forget if you'd like some TSP stickers for your helmet, skis or phone, then just email email@example.com
with your address and we'll post some out to you for free. Coming Up
Our next episode will be out in early July - let's hope we have some better news on travel by then…
I'd like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their continued support.