Managing safeguarding cases in sport
Don't miss this essential conversation with three sport national governing bodies and their tailored approaches to safeguarding case management. The Lead Safeguarding Officers of British Canoeing, British Judo and England Boxing join the CPSU’s Jude Toasland to talk about how they tackle common challenges such as communication, investigation and making defensible decisions and how they create a sport specific approach to their safeguarding case management.
In this episode we cover:
- the different approaches to safeguarding case management
- the safeguarding structure of sport clubs and organisations
- part-time vs full time roles
- adapting safeguarding case management for a specific sport
- how clubs deal with safeguarding concerns
- how to tackle common challenges
- advice and tips to improve safeguarding case management for other sport organisations and clubs
Discover how these sport national governing bodies tackle their sport-specific challenges and provide a roadmap for fostering a secure and supportive environment within diverse sporting landscapes.
Jude Toasland – Senior Consultant CPSU
Nancy Squires – Head of Governance at British Canoeing
Keith Eldridge – Lead Safeguarding Officer at British Judo
Gordon Valentine - National Compliance Manager at England Boxing
- Case Management Tool - our CPSU tool looks at each element of an effective case management process and guides you through step-by-step.
- Introduction to case management - an overview of the sort of things you need to be doing in safeguarding case management
Visit the CPSU website for more safeguarding help and advice.